How Do I Reset a Scantronic Burglar Alarm (9100) Cont...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok in the interest of getting to the bottom if this one and keeping the moderator sweet, can I start again. This is the situation to recap - alarm was activated from PIR, pass code could not be entered to turn off so I popped fuse out then disconnected battery. On Re-powering found the panel to be locked.

Whether I attach mains first or battery first I still cannot activate the key pad.

The only advice which I have yet to try and which is also given in the manual is to disconnect the AUX DC POWER, STROBE AND BELLS INC.S.A. MODULE and this applies to initial power up and at any other time when power has been lost.

However nowhere in the manual can I find instructions on what to do when the alarm has been disabled due to an activation. Can I assume this is the same advice?

I attach the gospel according to Scantronic for the avoidance of any doubt

Sponsored Links
hi there!
i can remember a fault on the "9200" with the key pad! there was a ribon that attach's the pad to the pcb!
if its the same as the"9200" remove the ribon, clean, dry and re-connect! ow and make sure we are powered down!
i hope this is the same on the 9100 ;)

to be fair if it doesnt reboot on mains applied then its no great shakes to bin it and get a replacment, it really awill be that much better than the old panel

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back