How do I stop the water flow????!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an outside pipe under mains pressure that wasnt lagged, it had a compression stop end on it and must have frozen as it blew off the pipe, when it thawed out it was flowing with water and the house had no water running through the taps (it is a conventional system). I lagged the pipe and put an isolation valve on it and it was fine for 48 hours but has now blown the iso valve off - any suggestions?? Thankyou

Sponsored Links
Because the water in the outside pipe is static, it will more than likely freeze no matter how many times you repair it. The ideal situation would be to isolate from inside your house until the weather improves. :)

You dont explain what this pipe was for!

Regardless its against the water regulations because its a dead leg.

If it supplied an outside tap or anything else it should have had an INSIDE isolating valve and a non return valve.

This is exactly what the Water Regulations are to prevent but thats no use if people dont follow them.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks people, I will check whatthe situation is inside the house if I can get to it! it was for a washing machine Tony. Thanks I'll check inside the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back