How do you fit a wall corner post???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
putting in an IT kitchen from B&Q. Got it designed by the staff at B&Q. In the corner, theyve put a 600 wall unit with a centre post. then attatching a 300 wall unit next to it, and filling the gap with a corner post.

When the doors are fitted and near enough flush with the 600 cabinet, it says to put the corner post 2-3mm away from it. I do this... and put the bracket on the centre post as stated. But as the corner post is a C shape on the back, the holes in the bracket, go past the land i have to screw into and there is no way it can be bolted on. I have been into B&Q but they have said they dont really know how to do it, and the kitchen designer wasnt available to ask.

The only way i can think is to bend the bracket it mounts onto, to 135 degrees instead of 90, so it will sit on the centre post, and then screw into the main flat on the back. But this is obviously not how it is designed to be done.... how on earth does it fit???

Sponsored Links
Depends which type of corner post you have, some fit to the cabinet and the doors close onto it, or you have a post which is screwed to one door only and the other door overlaps it when closed.
They may have designed it with one post in mind and supplied the other type by mistake.

Sponsored Links
The corner post attaches to the out side of the 300mm unit with small blocks like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Modesty-B...rial_Nails_Fixing_MJ&var=&hash=item2c6d825078

the metal bracket you have look unsuitable, then it butts up to the 600unit in the corner.
It's the opposite of the instructions but easier to align the small cabinet to larger one.
If you are trying to follow the diagram you have the post to far right it should be 2-3 to the left of the final door position, try hanging a door it should help you "see" the solution easier.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
thanks foxhole... will look again tomorrow. I did mouunt a door originally... but then when i put the corner post up, ther was a gap between the 300 unit and the corner post, it was only a mm or so but if you looked straight on you could notice it. I could move the cabinet to the right to tuck it under the post, but then that pushes the door off the cabinet edge to the left and overhangs. Also it didnt move the post far enough to the right to be able to bite on the screws... the brackets seem to have the hole too far away...Bit of a stupid design really, i was told by another member of staff "i dont see why he didnt give you a 625 corner unit there" as the dimensions of the 2 cabinets put together with the gap actually come to 627... so would have made more sense to have a 625 proper corner cabinet. But its too late now, brackets are all mounted and the cabinets are together. Kind of annoying but oh well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back