How long before covering floor slab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I will pouring the floor slab in my hall next. I will need to start walking on it as soon as it has gone off. However that would leave me with a 200mm step in to every room off the hall. I was planning to put the insulation down as soon as possible and then board over the top and put the original carpet which would only leave 50mm upstand until i get round to doing the UFH and screeding. the alternative is to put a layer of brick and block laid flat in a few spot location to act as piers and then board over the top and then the old carpet. The latter would still allow air pass over the concrete slab.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ad

Sponsored Links
Do what you said. The residual water vapour will find it's way out no problem.

Indeed; concrete needs water to cure so don't be thinking it has to "dry" to become solid, and covering it with something impervious means it'll forever be soft. If anything, it'll end up stronger as the water will be available to the chemical reaction that cures it, for longer

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back