How long does ready mix concrete stay useable for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to reconcrete my yard as I had to brake it up to add a drainage channel and don't know a great deal when it comes to ground work so would really appreciate a few pointers.

Firstly I have about 12 bags of ready mix that I bought about 10months ago but never got round to using them. The bags have been moved about a few times and a few have split. Will these still be ok or should I buy new ones?

Secondly I want to put a channel around the house using pea shingle as ground level is above dpc. I was thinking of getting some 4x1 timber and embedding it 50mm from house and concreting up to this. Then once concrete has set removing this and pouring in the pea shingle. Would this work ok??

I am going to ensure the fall is away from the house and was going to concrete about 3inch thick. Are there any other things that I need to consider?

Any advice would be a big help:)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back