how long to run the engine in car not in use

Sponsored Links
Hey Mr. Mursal....where have you been? Nearly launched the search and rescue department..... missed your input!
John :)

Thanks John ...........

At bits and pieces, nothing of any great interest to be honest.

I used to have a 1997 Carina, which was similar to a Camry but a bit smaller and not so luxurious. It was before electrically operated seat adjustment. The drivers seat had IIRC a big black lever in the base. If you moved the front of the lever, the front of the seat would go up and down (with a spring) if you shifted your weight), and the back of the lever, the back of the seat. If you were not sitting in the seat, it would rise fully. I don't think the passenger seat had this. I think there was also an adjustment wheel on the inboard (at the middle of the car) edge of the seat, possibly for the recliner.

If you know anyone with a mobile phone that takes pics, or a digital camera, it would be very helpful to see photos around the seat.

I honestly think you ought to ask on that Toyota Owners forum. Tell them the year and model.

Sponsored Links
There are 3 wheels in a row along the side of the seat.

One adjusts the angle of the back of the seat, one adjusts the angle of the rear of the cushion and the other adjusts the angle of the front of the cushion.

There is a lever under the seat that slides the seat backwards and forwards.

I can find nothing to raise the seat.

Thanks for help.

JamesEB
I now have a manual and attach pictures of the seat instructions.

There isn't any more than I said here.

I did wonder if tilting the seat would help me see out.

JamesEB Camry seat operation page 1.jpg Camry seat operation page 2.jpg

Last edited:
Tilting the seat won't help you James - you'll get chronic back pain in no time.
If there's no adjustment, then its cushion time (maybe there are purpose made items) or maybe replacing the seat for an adjustable one if you can find such an item.

Thanks.

Do you agree that there is nothing there to raise the seat?

JamesEB

No - there's nothing to help you there.
I suppose - although I have never done it - its theoretically possible to insert spacers between the seat subframe and the car floor to raise it a bit....using longer bolts, obviously.

I'm sure there are tailored cushions available somewhere, but why not try googling Toyota Camry breaking to see whats about? Its easy enough to refit the original seat when the time comes.

Sponsored Links
Back