How many cables for multiple detectors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a 9751 and is like to wire up a dual tec pir and three shock sensors to my garage, can I wire these on a single 8 core cable? I ask as I'm about to dig a trench to put cable ducting in from the house to the garage

Thanks

Sponsored Links
2 for power, 2 for alarm and 2 for tamper = 6 cores required for any basic loop system ?[/u]

If they all have isolated outputs (reed relays for example) and isolated tamper switches, then I see no reason why not.

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd want each device on its own Zone (free panel zone's permiting) for future fault finding.

While your digging and laying cable's it would be bennificial to add spares cables as well.

Also depending on the wiring system if you use EOL then only 4 cores are needed, 2 for power and 2 for the zone

Or if it's a 9751 as you have said run one 8 core and fit an expander ( 8 zones)..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back