How many Gas Safe certificates do I need for a new boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a new combi boiler fitted a couple of months ago.

Last week my certificate arrived from Gas Safe, fine I thought & put it away in that safe place where I'll never find it again :D

Then this morning, 2 more arrive, separate envelopes, same date, same details, different certificate numbers!

WTF!

Was someone at Gas Safe having a laugh or am I supposed to have 3 certificate for the same job?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Do I just ignore this & keep em or should I let them know they have screwed up?

Sponsored Links
It will be another mistake.
Bin the other 2 not already filed.

Can you put a picture up obviously with your details blurred. It's just that we members haven't seen one yet. They don't send us one, which is rich since we pay for it and my last one took until 2 pm starting at 9 am to organise. I would hope they are at least gold leaf to recognise the efffort I put in trying to get the system to work.

All I am saying is all you computer analysts anbd programmers instead of wanting to be plumbers learn to do your job right.

What have you got that I do not have? I don't even get 1 copy of what I am entitled to, let alone 3.
You are right though, there was somebody at crapita who was having a real big larf: the **** that appointed the hr-manager, I.T. manager and communications manager.

Sponsored Links
I know what I'll do next time, give my user name and password to the customer and say want it notifying? see how you get on with IT or pay me £150 and I'll do it.!

Why bother at all? It is not enforced anymore (if it ever was remains to be seen) and as we all know, it is nothing more than a formfilling exercise that is not worth the paper it is printed on.
Nobody ever looks at them, asks for them, or can even dream up a use for them.
Even at the best of times it was nothing more than a letter send in response to an email or a phonecall, without the least bit of checking.
In essence it was a letter to confirm the installer had said he filled out the benchmarksheet.

Ha! Another typical example of lack of quality materials by a lot of people.
125g/m2 full colour paper with a more aerodynamic styling gives you are far superior flight distance.
I wouldn't dream of using the carp recycle stuff the council prints there nonsense on.
My planes have won me holidays and letters of commendation.

To the parent(s)/carer of.............
:(

As requested.

If admin do not want this here feel free to remove it from this post (and add a comment saying so).

Great! Now I can print up a few myself!

Apparently, Gas Safe refuse to enforce complaints about irregular / badly installed gas installations prior to April 1st this year, and Corgi say they have closed their files on all previous work.

Great! Now I can print up a few myself!

Apparently, Gas Safe refuse to enforce complaints about irregular / badly installed gas installations prior to April 1st this year, and Corgi say they have closed their files on all previous work.

But I have not shown you whats on the other side. ;)

Check your email boxes everyone you have a nice little email sort of apoligising about the problems and they will address them
,good news for Agile too they say they will take pictures and details off website if you ask

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back