How much paint for front door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was wondering pproximately how much paint might be required to give two coats of paint to the outside only of the door and door frame below?

Thanks!
iu

Sponsored Links
That was my thread, and the last post left a week ago is me asking if Dulux Weathershield QD is really the paint to go for? << Still unanswered and would appreciate a view on it?

QD paints can be difficult to work with I think, or is it all down to technique?

Can you recommend any alternatives for a durable exterior satin? WB QD or oil based, but definitely satin?

Thanks

Hi All.
I posted the above regarding weathershield - or an alternative a week ago.
Chri5 - would appreciate a response on the points I raised if possible, thanks

.... from last Saturday ...........

Chri5 responded .............

Your photo of the blue door in Weathershield QD (quick dry water based?) does look quite shiny, not very satin.
Is it an easy paint to use? I have heard that some of these QD's are difficult to apply, talk of 'picture framing' etc - is that the cut in lines showing through on panel areas?

Is Dulux Weathershield the paint to go for? I would be happy to go to another brand if it's good. Even a solvent based paint if it is better/easier to use. It is on an exterior door, satin of course - not high gloss.
All feedback appreciated
Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A door is about a metre wide by two high

So 2 square metres

Two coats = 4 square metres

A door is about a metre wide by two high

So 2 square metres

Two coats = 4 square metres

I suppose it just depends on what the square metre coverage is per litre. But it lloks as though if I bought a litre that would be plenty.

Also why would you want to use weathershield system on a door that is inside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back