How much!!? Sandtoft Bridgwater tiles to match in old roof..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a price for the double roman Bridgwater tile from the local merchants, and, although it might not be great price (just ringing around) at at £4.90/tile it is nearly 4x the price of the equivalent modula from the same yard!!

A - why are they so expensive guys - surely the taper can't justify the price hike?

B - if I stripped off the 120 odd 4yr old Bridgwaters from the rest of the roof (which never cost me anywhere near that price) is there a market for them??

Could I sell them to Joe Public for £2.50/tile and cover the cost of replacing the lot in one go with the modula?

Thanks guys
Tom

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply.

The Sandtoft modular tile is also clay, and that is a quarter of the price...

I'll have a good look around on lunch and see if I'm likely to be able to cover costs with the existing Bridgwater tiles.

Tom

Sponsored Links
It is looking increasing likely that I will be stripping the 120 odd Sandtoft 4-year-old clay Bridgwaters off and selling them to redeem some costs... We're in Somerset.

Is anyone interested??

Cheers
Tom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back