How much to replace heater matrix in 05 berlingo 1'9 d?

N

nauseous

Been quoted £150 inc + me providing matrix at local garage. Apparently whole dash and steering ass has to be removed to access it. Seems too cheap thought it would cost at least £300. Perplexed!

Sponsored Links
That's a very cheap quote for a bloomin awful job! Maybe they've done it a few times before though.....they will have needed to!
John :)

Yea the plonkers built the van around the matrix. The guy who owns the garage booked it in, I doubt he's done many before as he wasn't sure if dash out or not. I told him it was. The crazy thing is a mate who considered doing the job rang the garage up few weeks before for removal advice. He was told it would be £300 to fix then!...Just don't get it.

They seem to do this with a lot of cars, you have to practically dismantle the Xantia to fit a new matrix, and yet the XM which ran pretty concurrently with it you could remove it from under the dashboard, you didn't even need to remove the steering column although it says you do in the book.

Peter

Sponsored Links
RHD cars are mostly lashups of LHD cars. Most of the repairs were designed to be done on the LHD original version.

Yea booked in for next Saturday. He wants it early cos he knows it's a 4-5 hr job (or more) Just have a feeling something aint right. Why didn't he just ask for more money?

Cant answer that one, but I hope that he takes great care to get the trim and dash panels back in again correctly......they don't like being disturbed at the best at times!
It may be a good move to replace the dashboard lamps when the binnacle is out?
Lets know what you think in due course.

The main instrument lights are easy to access tbh I had a look once, didn't see any glass bulbs Just some strange looking square things that most likely are led. I'm quite expecting dash to come back and have some annoying rattles lol. but
will be so grateful for some heat this winter. Couldn't stand another winter with no heater. It was awful lol..

Well it's been done for £150. Van covered in oily fingerprints lol, even the rear door had one. Tho why they'd want to go in there is beyond me. The clock and radio display is dead but I can put up without that. Thought of telling them but for the little money they charged me i would feel a bit awkward tbh.

Cheers for the update!
Regarding the display......is it not working at all, or simply not illuminated - is everything else ok?

Sponsored Links
Back