How should I plasterboard this ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi all, I just wanted to know how I should board this ceiling? I'm working on my own so it's going to be very difficult to lift full size boards. Room is approx 4mx4m

Sponsored Links

Shame he put hat first board up back-to-front

You would be better off getting a mate to help and do it properly.

Was buzzing to one a pair of these and then saw the price £35.99!!!! + P&P
I guess its a one time purchase so why not :D

Sponsored Links
So should I use two full size boards and then finish the side pieces with scribed sections? And is it ok to use drywalls screws instead of nails?

That proposal is fine, so long as the joins are at a joist!
No problem using screws - use the bugle head type and don't allow them to pull through.
John :)

Thanks John.

One last thing, the header nearest the window is bowed, its not taking any structural load so is it ok to plane down? Here's a picture to show you.

And how do I make sure that I'm fitting the boards flat, simple check with spirit level, or is there a more accurate method? - or does it not matter if the plasterer is going to skim later on anyway?

Thanks in advance

Certainly you can plane that one, if you can get somewhere near!
So long as any curves or uneven its aren't too extreme, once skimmed you'd never notice....but the joints must be taped, obviously!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back