How to Adjust Honeywell T6360b1028 Thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this thermostat that only fires up the central heating (when the heating is programmed to come on) when you twist it past 20 degrees and it clicks on. Inevitably, we get blasted with too much heat.

I would like to lower the temperature that the thermostat is set to turn on the heating, but having removed the front cover, it isn't obvious how to do this.

Ideally, I think a more or less constant temperature of 18 degrees would be good.

Could someone take me through the process of lowering the setpoint temperature. As I said; the thermostat only clicks on when we turn it past 20 degrees...

Thanks,

Jessie

Sponsored Links
Seriously?

Turn it to 18. When it drops below 18 the heating will swtich on.

If it doesn't then you need to new thermostat or move it to a new location?

Unless the thermostat is faulty, the point where your 'stat clicks is your actual room temperature. If your 'stat doesn't 'call for heat' when set to 18 and your room temp is below that then replace it.

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the advice - I know it seems obvious...

Even when the room temp is well below 20, the heating still doesn't come on, so I think it will be a replacement!

Can anyone recommend a thermostat that is easy to install, digital and under £50.00?

Cheers

Honeywell DT90.

Spend a few quid more and fit a programmable inteligent 'stat. I've just swapped my antique like yours with a Honeywell CM907. Brilliant move.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back