How to adjust UPVC butt hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We've always had trouble fully opening our front door and I've decided to get it sorted. The right hand side of the door doesn't line up with the frame that surrounds it, and looking at the hinges on the left there does appear to be a large difference between them, so I'm looking at adjusting them. I've done various searching on the web / Youtube but haven't found anything that matches the exact hinge that I have (although it looks like a butt hinge), so is anyone able to look at the below photos and tell me which bits I need to be adjusting to move the hinge?

Sorry if some aren't needed, I figured more detail was better than less! Larger sizes if you click on them.

1) Top hinge (bit attached to the door looks very far out from the bit attached to the frame)

2) Bottom hinge (frame / door bit very close together)

QAu1fmSm.jpg

3) Top of hinge

yI7Axtgm.jpg

4) Bottom of hinge

mjR2Q5Am.jpg

5) Inside of hinge

Vlqd6gJm.jpg

Sponsored Links
Pic 5, turn the screw and the hinge should move the door.
If the door is catching at the bottom, need to send the bottom of the door away from the hinge and the top towards the hinge.
May have to re pack the glass/panel (toe and heel)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back