How to change a blade on a Performance Pro Mitre Sire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I feel really dumb writing this but I cant see any other way out.

I have a Performance Pro Power Compound Mitre Saw I purchased from B&Q. A house move saw me lose the manual. A new house also means of course that I have lots I need to do with the saw. I desperately need to change the blade but cant fathom how. Its got a quick blade release button but I depress that and nothing happens. I fiddled by removing an allan bolt that moves a slide that gets me access to what looks like another allan bolt in the center of the blade but it wont budge. i'm not sure im doing it right anyway.

Can anybody help?
Thanks
Rob

Sponsored Links
Could have a reverse thread on that bolt? Have you tried undoing it both ways? I hate those quick release ones, I don't see the point in a 'quick release' when you change the blade once in a blue moon.

Have you tried going to the manufacturer's web site to down load a new manual, might get some luck there.

Hi - thanks both for replies .I dont Know what you mean by a reverse thread bolt and turning both ways. Do you simply mean try turning what i think is the allan bolt in either direction until it goes. Ive looked for the manufacturers website but i cant find one - I dont think they have one as Performance Power Pro are B&Qs own brand I think (much like Saisho used be Dixons own leccy equipment brand). I have emailed B&Q but had no response surprise surprise

Sponsored Links
hold the spindle lock button in and turn the blade til it locks up. Get your allen key in the centre blade bolt and undo it. Wll probably be quite tight, but bit of brute force will undo it. Use a bar or a ring spanner over the end of the allen key to get some more leverage if you need to.
Check the rotation of the blade, to undo the centre bolt it will be the opposite direction to the rotation

Have you tried going to the manufacturer's web site to down load a new manual, might get some luck there.
Isn't the manual inside the file UNATTEND.txt, along with everything else? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back