how to change rad valves on combi system without draining do

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do i change a radiator valve on a combi boiler system without having to drain the entire system ? I know the plumber i usually use can do this but i don't know what he does

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't recommend trying it if you don't have the dexterity and experience that a plumber has. It saves you 10 or 15 minutes if it works, but can make an awful mess and waterdamage if it goes wrong.

freeze the pipe work.i take it you have a sealed system.and before anyone says.yes you can have a combi on open vent.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the speedy replies guys. holty - i do have a sealed system, and dangermouse 46- i have thought about doing it live but i definitely dont have the dexterity or confidence for that

Depending on which boiler you have you can either turn off the flow and return isolating valves or screw down the caps on any auto air vents. release the pressure and it should vacum up very quickly and bobs your uncle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back