How to connect electric oven to power suply.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can someone tell me how to connect electric oven to power supply.Somebody asked additional info which is in detail as possible. you asked about cables routing and protection.Cu is in open celler ,about 2 meters of cable would be cliped to open ceiling,about 5 meters would be laid loose on ground in crawling celler,through the wall and about 2 meters be burried in plaster.I tend to fit switch behind cabinet next to oven so ,it can be reached easily.I have looked in instruction book and on oven, could not find its output.Oven is Electrolux 6632.It would be protected by 20 amps mcb.what do you mean by double pole switch and wall plate.Is it single 45 amp cooker switch and backing box you mean.Now can you tell me do i need to increase the size of cable or 2.5 is sufficent.From switch to oven i tend to use 2.5 flex as mentioned in book min required.Anyway i found out today that oven in question has connected load of 3 KW.Thank you.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back