how to connect my vaillant ecotec 832 to hive or nest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Vaillant ecoTec 832 (combi boiler) with a vaillant RF 350 thermostat and I am looking into replacing it with a smart thermostat either the nest or the hive.

circuit board: https://goo.gl/photos/ZsiE4uNBobobrFnp8
IMG_20161210_124321.jpg

schematic: https://goo.gl/photos/N6vT8yuu9Y5wDRoj8
IMG_20161210_144713.jpg

I am guessing I will have to remove the RF 350 panel from the boiler for this to work, right? I did not keep the original panel. Hopefully this won't be a problem.

Can anyone confirm that this is correct?

I should first remove the loop on 24v=RT (24 v dc room thermostat).

For nest:
- the boiler RT / 230V AC room thermostat socket (at X1) should be connected to the nest heat link socket 2
- the boiler L socket (at X1) should be connected to the nest heat link socket 3

For hive:
- the boiler RT / 230V AC room thermostat socket (at X1) should be connected to the Hive Heating On
- the boiler L socket (at X1) should be connected to the Hive Common (or hot water off)

thanks
Seb

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If you had read just one current thread on this subject before posting, you would see that the forum rules do not permit us to give you gas related advice.

Of course you will say that fitting a stat is not gas related.

But to access the PCB and it's connections you have to remove the boiler's front cover.

The front cover creates the room sealing that makes your boiler so safe.

And so it should not be removed by anyone who is not gas safe registered.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If you connect the the 240v switch live to the RT 230 you have to remove link red wire that says 24v on PCB or you will blow the PCB

This video on youtube has the same boiler and circuit board and shows the correct installation just search youtube for 'Geek Street Unboxing and complete setup of a Nest Learning Thermostat including App Setup'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back