How to convert Mira shower wall water outlet to Bathstore pls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Please can you help me know if I can convert a Mira shower outlet to another make?
I have a Mira shower with a mixer panel and a separate water outlet from the wall.
I've taken the outlet apart and it's basically a bit of copper pipe sticking out of the grout.
The MIRA system pushes onto it directly and has a rubber o ring inside the fitting.

I've been looking at the Bathstore shower rails where the water comes directly into the rail and up to the top. These fitting have a large threaded bolt/tube that goes beyond the face of the wall and screws into ?something? - does it thread itself straight into the water pipe? won't that split it? Or should another fitting need to be put on behind the wall -(so I'd basically have to rip the pipe and tiles out?)
Many thanks..

Sponsored Links
The bathstore ones will probably screw into a 1/2" wall plate/wall plate elbow or a 15mm/1/2" bsp straight connector

4558.jpg
image.php

Thanks. So if I want to change them over I have to rip out the tiles, pull the pipe through a bit and fit a 15mm to 1/2 connector?

You will get other push fit outlets, but as you haven't liked to what you're looking at, it's difficult to advise

ae235

Sponsored Links
my bad. This is what the mira system looks like, pushes onto the copper pipe and secures onto the wall. My pipe is grouted in.
mira_logic_energise_rac_mounting_pack_450.20.jpg

This is the instructions for the shower I'm considering, page 3 shows just to screw the bolt into the existing fitting, which appears to be behind or flush with the wall.
Page:
http://cdn.bathstore.com/uploads/images/presets/product_page_main/store/products/1061/LARGE.jpg

Instructions - see page 3
http://www.bathstore.com/uploads/files/store/products/1061/p18r9a4bk89611bnopco1lr017ok2.pdf

Is your current outlet pipe that low down on the wall??

If you want to get the bathstore one then the only way it will fit is to have a low level outlet with a 1/2" bsp fitting on the end. You do get push fit female 1/2" fittings but you would still need to get it flush with the wall for the rail to sit correctly by the looks of it.

Thanks Rob. Yes, my outlet is about 1m off the ground and looks like things will fit. But I really don't fancy opening up all the tiling to add the fitting on.
Good to know that's what would be need though..really appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back