how to cut hole's in the centre of a ceramic tile ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used to nip to a local guy who had a marble business and he used to water jet the tiles for me for a few quid but he has packed up and retired.

I am now stuck with how to cut holes without breaking the tiles ?

I have seen a tile cutter with a round hole attachment or something thatscribes the tile but how do you then punch the hole through ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi - What are these tiles made of? You can get circular cutters that will cut right through the tile. How tidy do the holes need to be? Will they be covered by a 'shroud' eg supplies coming through the wall into a shower valve/wall-mounted taps? With ceramic tiles, when I've been without my hole cutters, I've carefully drilled a series of small holes with a masonry drill and the just tapped it out. Just make sure you drill the holes as close to each other as possible and don't rush it. Alternatively, you could hire/buy some cutters, but if you've only got a few holes it's probably not worth the expense.
Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back