How to do piping on radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am fitting a new radiator and it is 120 cm edge to edge.
The existing one (will be binned), as the photo shows, it is 112 cm edge to edge.
The 15 mm copper pipes run 12 cm above to the floor to the rad as show.
The flooring is laminate, there is no way underneath, the (ground floor) crawl space is only about 10 cm(!), and I do not want to lift the floor/ drill new holes.

Clearly the piping from the floor, for the new rad, needs to go out 8 cm on one side or 4 cm on each side. I don't think there is any wiggle on the pipes.

What should I do?

Thanks

20151201_131511.jpg

Sponsored Links
Easier to fit a narrower rad and make up the distance with extensions. If you're worried about the smaller rad not heating the space then get a double panel or one with fins. I reckon it looks better than 2 elbows either side and no soldering required.

I agree with 45years, take the 120cm radiator back and buy a 110cm radiator instead. It'd be worth checking how far off the wall your pipes are before you select a radiator, as they vary and you'll need to get them to line up too

New radiator has arrived. Width is 110cm and actual width for fitting is 112cm.
So I need to add spacers either side that are 1cm (10mm) each.
Do these exist and what are they called ?

Or how would I add this

The old rad is not off yet, so I do not know if there is enough wiggle to do this without spacers.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
This will do it, assuming you're happy with extending one side only and just connecting to the existing fitting on the other side

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back