How to find a reliable builder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It was arranged for a local builder to come here on a certain day earlier this month to carry out some structural work for me, then they emailed the evening before to say that they were on another job in another area which was taking longer than they had anticipated and could they come this coming Monday instead. I wrote back and agreed, and this morning someone from the company came out to do some measurements. This afternoon an email arrived to say that they cannot come on Monday after all for the same reason as they gave before, but this time said that they can't give me another date as they don't know when they would be able to come. They suggest I find someone else. They are trading standards approved, so I had expected that they would be more reliable. I had another TS approved builder come out some months ago who then did not send me a quote. I am at a complete loss as to what to do next? How can I find someone who will actually follow through and do the work?

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I have no family and none of my friends has had this sort of work done.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back