How to fit new diaphragm to vaillant sine 18t3wfh boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am expecting a fitter to come on Tuesdsy to fit a new diaphragm as the heating works but the hot water is erratic.The fitter is asking for a manual but I dont have one.Can you send some instructions please.

Sponsored Links
Years since I worked on one but are you sure it's the diaphragm? The heating would be problematic to if it was the diaphragm.

If memory serves that is.

The boiler fires up for the central heating and fires up occasionaly for the water.Outside a neighbours flat is the carcass of the same boiler which BG has not picked up after an install.3 engineers present.My fitter can have a look at the old one if it is still there on TTuesday;

The diaphram I recall is in a housing above the gas valve and a pin comes out to let the gas through. That happens hot water or heating as the pin is activated by the pump which operates for both.

Does the pump run when hot water is called for?

Sponsored Links
Faulty diaphragm in water section which is at bottom centre of your boiler can cause your fault .

Vulcan is gettin mixed up

Faulty diaphragm in water section which is at bottom centre of your boiler can cause your fault .

Vulcan is gettin mixed up

Getting, Getting? I was born mixed up. I still don't know which blouse goes with which skirt.

yes, I know what you mean now. Off to the dropbox to have a look and remind myself.
Oh well. Thanks for the correction. Still, now I have to look at the water section to see the relevance of the wax stat. That was the thing that gave problems in this area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back