how to fix a upvc door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a upvc door,have it ten years ,but now the two locks at the top and bottom wont lock,I can push the handle up to lock the door when its open so its not the actual door,I can open and close the door with the key but theres a gap and its really draughty when its windy,can any one help?I dont want to have to call out a locksmith and pay a fortune

Sponsored Links
At risk of stating the obvious here, but the problem is in the 'keeps' in the door frame......perhaps they are adjustable?
Another difficulty is deciding which keep is the troublesome one, and maybe they can be removed one at a time so you can test things?
John :)

At risk of stating the obvious here, but the problem is in the 'keeps' in the door frame......perhaps they are adjustable?
Another difficulty is deciding which keep is the troublesome one, and maybe they can be removed one at a time so you can test things?
John :)

i tried that but it doesnt seem to have made a difference

Sponsored Links
No idea on prices in Ireland, sorry. Only 30mins work for someone who knows what he is doing.

No idea on prices in Ireland, sorry. Only 30mins work for someone who knows what he is doing.

ok thanks for the help

I ended up calling out a guy to fix it,he was there for 10 mins,fixed it and charged me 70 euro!but i was relieved to get it fixed,turns out,i was doing the adjusting wrong,i should have done the top hinge to the right and bottom to the left ,i was doing top and bottom to the right!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back