How to fix leaking flexi tap connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak on my bathroom sink cold water flexi tap connector just above the isolating valve. Any ideas how to fix would be appreciated thank you.

Sponsored Links
How that is done depends on the flexi and you water system.
You'll need to post more information and maybe some pictures is you want much more help.

Sponsored Links
How that is done depends on the flexi and you water system.
You'll need to post more information and maybe some pictures is you want much more help.

I'm hoping it's not too technical or difficult, complete novice at plumbing, but to the best of my knowledge the taps are connected by a flexi with valve to a small piece of copper pipe which is then connected to a valve and then another copper pipe. They seem to be leaking above the valves where you isolate the water. All was ok until I replaced the sink and reconnected the pipes. Not sure how to upload photos but hope this helps

If it is leaking from a compression fitting, you could tighten it a bit. Alternatively you could dismantle and re-assemble using a little jointing compound on the olive.

If it is leaking from a compression fitting, you could tighten it a bit. Alternatively you could dismantle and re-assemble using a little jointing compound on the olive.

Hi thanks for replying, they are compression fittings and have already tried tightening a little more, seemed to make the leak worse, then tried dismantle and re-assemble with jointing compound still leaking

Hi thanks for replying, they are compression fittings and have already tried tightening a little more, seemed to make the leak worse, then tried dismantle and re-assemble with jointing compound still leaking

Could the washers have fallen out when you dismantled them?

29829.jpg

Could the washers have fallen out when you dismantled them?

29829.jpg

No, the one that is leaking was not disconnected, the other that was disconnected was fully checked on re-assembly but now also has a small leak

isolate water, undo the nut and wrap a few turns of PTFE clockwise onto the olive, tighten the nut up by hand and then another half a turn with adjustables.

Thank you to all who answered, flexi pipe problem solved, took them apart cleaned up and made sure washers were in then used ptfe tape and jointing compound, no leaks. Now to sort the waste pipe leak out, although I suspect have possibly been given the wrong item or I am missing a part for connection..... back to the shop!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back