how to fix Leaking tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is a basic question but I have looked on YouTube on how to change washers ect I can't find a video that applies to the tap I have. I cannot figure out how you get the tap apart. I have attached a photo of my sink and you can see the drip of where it leaks from (where it is suppose to come out of when the tap is on)
I bought the tap from howdens and it was installed by a friend that I can no longer get hold of. I know it as a 'swan neck monoblock' tap. But searches on this where no help either.
I would like to try and resolve the problem myself as I only had it installed about four months ago and don't want to pay out for a plumber already.
I know absolutely nothing about plumbing so please if you can, speak English ;) haha
But seriously if anyone can help a massive thank you in advance

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 163
Sponsored Links
You'll probably find that the handles will screw out to start with. Hard to tell from your picture as its a bit far away but the handles may hold the end caps (assuming they are seperate as it looks like there is a line in the pic) in position or there may be a screw in the end or a grub screw behind the handle.

Once the end caps are off (or if they are one piece) the silver conical shroud should unscrew to allow access to the valve.

If you could get a closer picture at a couple of different angles it may be clearer.

Jon

I am 100% there are no screws and no caps.

I have uploaded a close up and in the second picture (closer up) I have unscrewed one of the parts as far as it will go (about two twists)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 133
My guess is that you unscrew the white bit from the chrome bit, exposing a grub screw.
Other option is that the metal disc on the end of thr white bit can be popped off.
You've not shown a photo from the left or right side; I presume there is no cap there?

Sponsored Links
Here's pictures from the front and side with the handles removed, there aren't any screws underneath they are just purely for show

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 126
No grub screw hidden on the opposite side? I.e. on the bottom while the handle is pointing upward.

Can you not remove the stem of the handle from the body? That is what i meant by removing the handles.

If not then then end cap may just lever off but I doubt this but worth a try to see if you get any movement.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back