how to get a fensa certificate for windows already fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted replacement wooden windows to my house a few years ago. now I'm told I need a fensa certificate for them. Does anyone have any ideas how I can go about getting one/ getting them checked or something please. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You will now need to pay your local council to inspect and issue a certificate.

Why do you need a certificate now though? Selling the house?

Presumably you’re now trying to sell up? Not aware of the circumstances surrounding your particular install but if you deliberately ignored Building Regs to save a little cash when DIYing, I have little sympathy. You now need a Regularisation Certificate which will probably cost you twice as much as making the submission when you did it or had you employed a FENSA registered company to install them.

You could always try & bribe a local FENSA installer I suppose but I doubt they will be interested.

Sponsored Links
This is becoming quite a common thing, we had a supply only customer ring up today asking if we could help them out and get them a certificate. The problem is if we fens tickets for a job fitted by others we then get the 10 year liability round our neck. You will have to go to the council

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back