How to get rid of building waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I get rid of plasterboard waste? I do not think they will take it in the recycling centre and I cannot burn it.

Similarly, the waste I can burn, what do I do with the ashes and half-burnt bits (like parts of tree trunk)?

Ta

Sponsored Links
How do I get rid of plasterboard waste? I do not think they will take it in the recycling centre and I cannot burn it.

Similarly, the waste I can burn, what do I do with the ashes and half-burnt bits (like parts of tree trunk)?

Ta

There are plasterboard recycling plants in the uk. I know of one in North Lincs, but your local civic amenity (tip) should take it, or one a bit further afield in a neighbouring authority (just say you live locally if they ask ;) ).

Waste wood should be able to go in the wood waste at your local tip as well, but ash will depend on what it is that was burned. Wood ash is fine for gardening related purposes, but other burnt materials can pose difficulties, and so must be disposed of general waste usually.

For specific information on what your local authority can take, see their website, as they should have a waste directory giving advice on every category.

Sponsored Links
the local recycle centre will take plasterboard - it goes unfortunately in the non recyclable bin with the rest of the household waste.

for some reason it can't go in the brick/rubble bin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back