How to get rid of these lead flashing stains?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a house that I'm about to put up for sale in the autumn. It's a 5 year old new build but the idiot builders didn't properly treat the lead flashing running all the way along the roof, so now I have white and black stains running all down my outside walls.

I want to at least get rid of the stains before selling the property to improve the kerb appeal so can anyone advise of the best way to clean lead flashing stains from rendered walls, and whether the black stains are likely to be caused by algae or something else? I was thinking of gently pressure washing the render and treating with an algae wash but I don't want to make the problem worse.

For reference, the stains look similar to the ones below, but are running all the way from the roof to the ground.

Sponsored Links
Its probably Because of the flat roof getting dirty and heavy rainfall washing it off,

A pressure clean should do the trick, if that dosent work then its a coat of masonry paint

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back