how to hang stripy wallpaper horizontally downsstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please can someone help. I have stripy wallpaper that i am putting up in my hall stairs and landing, i am fitting it horizontally though and need some advice as to how to get it to run down the stairs from being straight on the landing and returning to straight in the hall. I am only doing below the banister. There is a photo in my album to help expalin this. Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
ah haaaaaa i've sussed it myself . . . . i need to mitre both edges of wall paper, so i will take my guide from the opposite wall and paper the diagonal bit first from the skirt up to the banister, then just work out where to do the cuts ha ha simples

ah haaaaaa i've sussed it myself . . . . i need to mitre both edges of wall paper, so i will take my guide from the opposite wall and paper the diagonal bit first from the skirt up to the banister, then just work out where to do the cuts ha ha simples

Yep, pretty much the simplest way. Who needs these DIY websites when you can figure things out for yourself? ;) :LOL:

I wish you the very best of luck.

Dec

Sponsored Links
Well done - looks good! :)

I don't know if you have an older property, but I hung some very similar striped paper (red, black, silver, white) horizontally in my nephews bedroom a few weeks back. Looking at it face-on it is perfect but when you look along the length of the wall the stripes are all wavy, showing just how uneven the old lath and plaster walls are. Psychedelic!! :eek:

ha ha no but it's a council built property so not a straight wall to be found . . . . made fitting 7" skirting boards interesting!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back