How to I remove a radiator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a brand new radiator system and I am trying to remove one of my radiators. I don't know how to shut off the valves at either end. On the left I have a valve that switches on/off with an Allan key and the other and the top right hand side has the thermostatic valve on it. I set the thermostatic valve to the o position which I think is off. How do I know if both are off? I opined the little bleed valve at the top left hand side but water keeps coming out. Does that mean that one of the valves is still open? Any help would be great!

Sponsored Links
You should remove the thermostatic valve and replace it with a decorators cap since you should not rely on a 0 setting.

Once both sided have been closed down, releasing the bleed valve will cause some water to escape since the system will have some pressure in it.

Ah ok I need to go buy a cap as we don't have any (no idea where they were put when the system was installed). Any ideas where I can buy a cap?

Sponsored Links
simply answer is you can't they come with the trv, only way is to contact the trv manifacturer & see if they will send you one, or the links above

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back