how to interperate the error code flashes on a Zanussi dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have seen on lots of previous posts about how to get the error codes and what they mean, however not how to recognise what the flashes tell you. i.e. I have a faulty zdc47100w which when I put into diagnostic mode it flashes red, and what looks like orange then red then green twice.
When do I start counting?
Can it display mutiple errors?

I think i am getting after three beeps,

red red red green red green red green red green red red red red orange red red red green....

then three beeps again.

Any insight would be much apprietiated

Cheers,

Jon

Sponsored Links
Bleeps & flashing lights aside what are the machine symptoms? What does it "do"... or..."not do"???

I came home to find the start button flashing red, but it seemed to have finished the programme. I turned it off then on again, a few seconds later it beeped and flashed red 7 times.
If i turn it on and press start quickly it turns the drum, and warms up slightly before stopping a few seconds later and flashing red again.
I have cleaned all the bits and bobs tried again and the same happend.
It's about 2 years old. Just started to try and fix it myself.

Cheers,

How did you put the machine into "service mode" & which "bits & bobs" have you cleaned?
Post the PNC number on the door sticker...it helps us to help you.

Sponsored Links
HI,

I cleaned the filter, water container, checked the heater elements were clear, vacuumed the air intake at the back, drained an cleaned the filler/drip tray at the back (which had quite a lot of soggy fluff in it)
Checked the drum.

pnc 916 094 517

Does it have a water drainage pump?

Thanks for your help.

Oh and I followed this for the diagnostics

To enter diagnostics:

1. Switch off the appliance.
2. Press and hold down START/PAUSE and any one of the option buttons simultaneously.
3. Holding down both buttons, switch the appliance on by turning the programme selector one position to
the right (clockwise).
4. Continue to hold down the START/PAUSE and option buttons until the LED begins to flash (at least 2
seconds).

In the first selector position, the operation of the buttons and the relative LEDs is checked; turning the
selector knob clockwise activates the diagnostics cycle for the operation of the various components and
displays any alarm conditions.

I turned the knob to position 10, 9 klicks after the first turn.

If it has the water tank at the top then there is a pump. If the water tank is at the base it doesn't have a pump. If you have the latter type pull out the tank & look at the check valve at the back + the check valve it mates against (you'll have to lean the dryer over to get to the inner valve). Both valves have a habit of getting clogged by lint & causing problems. I couldn't pin down which model revision you have as there are 2 digits missing on the pnc number...it should end in something like this "/03".

Ok, no pump in your model. Give both check valves a good clean. If that doesn't solve the issue close the door & enter diagnostics again. Once in the service mode turn the program selector clockwise fairly quickly to position 11 (not 10). Post the repeating led sequence.

Hi again.

Both valves clean. Entered diag again and moved to 11 as quick as possible (75deg position) on the dial.

There was still quite a few flashes and pauses and it is really difficult to tell sometimes if it is red-orange-green, or just orange or a quick red-orange... driven me mad saying colours to myself.! he he

do the beeps matter?

rrrorrrgr grg rgr rrrogrr rg (spaces are pauses)

rrrorrrgr grg rogr rrgrr rg

second go

rrrorrrgr grg rogrrr grr rg rgr rrrorrrg g rg rrrorrrgr grg rgr rrrogrr rg

ahhh!!!

Jon

Bleeps don't mean anything. But no valid error code in service mode = a shot pcb.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

Thanks anyhow. It did seem the lights were hard to follow. As a matter of interest, how would a code normally be flashed out?

Cheers for the help.

Reds & greens on the start LED in a recurring sequence (unless you have an LCD display in which case the error code is displayed on screen). Red flashes are the first digit in the error code, green the second. i.e. 5 reds, 2 green, then pause = E52. Which indicates a fault in the drive train...motor, motor capacitor, wiring, or pcb. Error codes are far from foolproof...on the contrary they can be directly misleading at times. But invalid error codes are almost always an indication of a defective pcb.

Hi, Thanks for all your help. I've taken out the pcb; I was wondering where I could get a replacement?
Numbers on the board are
pcb 712529-01
electrolux 0102_0004B

CHeers,

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back