how to lay floor slab around this drain???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was just wondering what you guy's would recommend i do about concreting around my kitchen waste pipe that comes up in the corner of the new floor.
View media item 31904do i just dpm and insulate up to the walls as per normal and simply box it off before conrete? or are you allowed to concrete round the pipe?

if i box it off do i use expanding foam to fill the gap between the box and pipe?

any help appreciated,

Sponsored Links
Concrete the thing in if your happy your never going to need to get to it but i personally would have fitted a slightly bigger pipe around it just below ffl incase it ever needed removing. Make sure you dont smash it with the poker when you pour that conny.

Concrete the thing in if your happy your never going to need to get to it but i personally would have fitted a slightly bigger pipe around it just below ffl incase it ever needed removing. Make sure you dont smash it with the poker when you pour that conny.

Similarly, I would bring the 4" drainage to top of concrete, then connect into that with an adapter. Then the drainage is flexible for adding new connections or even a toilet in the future !
If whole thing is under the floor level, I'd even be tempted to take the 4" into the room where the drainage begins (kitchen ?).

Similarly, I would bring the 4" drainage to top of concrete, then connect into that with an adapter. Then the drainage is flexible for adding new connections or even a toilet in the future !
If whole thing is under the floor level, I'd even be tempted to take the 4" into the room where the drainage begins (kitchen ?).
Agreed, buy a reducer cap that has an inlet for either a 38mm or 32mm waste pipe.

Sponsored Links
thanks guys,

the camera angle doesn't really show it but the 4" reducer will be slightly above floor level so can be altered if needs be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back