How to make a Gate?

I'm not sure you are understanding the nice Mr Hamster's suggestion. [...] This really isn't that difficult a mathematical problem... I would invest in a pencil and re-use an old envelope from Barclaycard to draw out some designs, all will become clear.

Zackly, thanks.

And we still haven't been told the quantity or the width of the timber.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
nice attitude. want to use scrap wood the wrong size and come on here demanding a solution because you can't think of one yourself.

Indeed very poor attitude from the OP. I can think of a solution, but I don't think I CBA to post it. "its just a gate" width? height? purpose? all useful information.

It would serve as a reminder that folk on here give their advice and experince for nothing. You may wish to remember the phrase "you catch more flys with honey than vinegar"

This isn't aimed at you cajar!

nice attitude. want to use scrap wood the wrong size and come on here demanding a solution because you can't think of one yourself.

Indeed very poor attitude from the OP. I can think of a solution, but I don't think I CBA to post it. "its just a gate" width? height? purpose? all useful information.

It would serve as a reminder that folk on here give their advice and experince for nothing. You may wish to remember the phrase "you catch more flys with honey than vinegar"

This isn't aimed at you cajar!
KEEPS THE DETAILS A SECRET AND EXPECTS SENSIBLE REPLIES :rolleyes:

To the OP:

1. Beat yourself repeatedly over the head with one of the planks
2. Burn the rest of the planks
3. Buy a gate.

:mrgreen:

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I did take the suggestion the wrong way, and I apologise.

I have taken your comments on board properly now, and need to get cracking. Thanks for the info!

Sorry, I did take the suggestion the wrong way, and I apologise.

I have taken your comments on board properly now, and need to get cracking. Thanks for the info!

Let us know how you get on, and show us a photo of the gate ;)

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back