How to make acrylic coins

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure where to post this one... I thought I'd try here.

I want to make acrylic coins. Get a thick piece of acrylic and make different size coins - say 1 -2 inches in diameter.

How would I do this?

Answer: get a large circular drill. like the one shown further below.
Is this the best way? Is there a better way?

Edges: I need these to be smooth - assume after drilling they will be rough
Also, would be nice to have a small bevel on.

I remember at school we used to have a buffing machine that would smooth acrylic.

Thanks in advance.

Circular drill:

c3fWoOk.jpg

OM

Sponsored Links
Might be worth getting a quote for getting them laser cut. You'll get a polished edge and very slightly rounded corners. The cost is probably not that much more than you can buy a sheet of acrylic for and a whole lot less work

It begs the question wht they wil be used for, you know you can buy a variety of plastic coins off the likes of ebay pretty cheaply?

nick, that's an awesome idea - great to start off with. i've contacted 2 companies to get a quote.

freddy, it's just a small business idea i've got - creating coins with logos and messages. nothing else.

Sponsored Links
freddy: THANK YOU!
omg. that's awesome.
i was thinking i'll need to invest in a cnc router or something or a laser machine. lol

Lots of online sites will print to many shapes and sizes for a few pence per unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back