How to refit base unit kicker boards please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just installed laminate flooring in my kitchen/diner.
I had to unscrew the kitchen base unit legs which the kicker board where clipped to beforehand.
Now with the reduce height between laminate floor & underneath of base units, the legs won't locate back into the the black plastic leg socket support which clips underneath the units, so i cannot reclip the kicker boards/plinths back to them.
Whats the best way to support/refit the kicker boards, is there some brackets i can buy that fit between the base unit & floor (like the legs before)?

By the way, I have screwed the legs back up under the base units but just not in the plastic socket things, the units are screwed to the wall, so very stable.

Sponsored Links
whitehaven - if the legs are the common black tubular plastic type (adjustable screw-in feet at one end, plain tube which goes into the leg socket support at top-end) why not just saw off a bit of the tubular leg to fit? Fully screw-in the adjustable foot, slip the tubular leg into the support, screw-out the adjustable foot to fit. You may also have to trim the kick-plates (plinth).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back