How to remove wallpaper and the paint underneath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Room has been painted, then top half wallpapered over and a nice big boarder applied in the middle. Trying to remove to just paint the walls, however when taking off the wallpaper and boarder the big areas of paint underneath are then coming off as well and trying to remove the rest of the paint (cannot use a scrapper as that damages the plaster) is sooo slow. Really don't want to have to use lining paper as hate it. Any tips?? :cry:

Sponsored Links
seems like who ever painted this to begin with didnt do a good job..if the paint is coming off..

i just recently stripped my wood chip from my wall using this stuff http://www.wallwik.co.uk/ and though it dont really do what it says on the website i have to admit the paper did come off without messing up the walls..i did however still have to scrape..

so i would use the wall wik to remove the paper...the scrape off any flaking paint as there is no point painting over it as it will come off....lots of sanding..then paint the usual way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back