how to render with insulation a wooden timber clad house

what about my idea of normal king span with stud work ,expanded metal lath and either normal sand cement render or mey be with an addative or would i have to use to the polyermer modded render

cheers ben

You could use metal mesh -the recommended would be stainless steel rib lath , rather than eml. Then you could render, and an SBR added would give you some flex. You could use galv eml, which is cheaper, but will eventually (who knows how long?) rust, and you will have to paint it at least twice in ten years.

The advantage of the other systems mentioned is the mesh is fibreglass, so it is a bit more flexible, won't rust, and a tight coat will cover it it is also cheaper than metal lath and easier to use. The final coat will be coloured, so no painting. The over all thickness will be less too.
+++
thats a bit like concuring only thats banned.

Sponsored Links
I am also concerned because the house is wooden/timber.

do you think i can actually put kingspan on the out side or will i have to have a cavity, if i have to have a cavity whats the point in using kingspan ?

I have had at least 30 different opinions and ideas regarding this in the last year I now have put up a conservatory i have done brick work and plastic but i think its going to be impossible to render above a plastic conservatory/ a lot easier to do it first

cheers ben

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back