How to repair an uneven concrete subfloor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be installing some mannington or bellawood hardwood floors in the next month. I currently have carpet and the subfloor is concrete (above grade). I plan to use the glue down method.

The problem is that the concrete subfloor is extremely uneven to a degree as much as two inches. From what I've read, this can be fixed by using a large amount of quickcrete or other type of concrete. I have no problems buying 30 seventy pound bags and leveling the floor out.

What I would like to know is what are the typical pitfalls I may run into? If I get some of the concrete mixture on the walls, is that an issue? I have floor to ceiling windows - the bottom 5 inches is metal - can I apply the concrete against the metal? What are the other issues?

I plan to live in this place for a long time and I don't mind some very hard work. I just want to get it done right.

Sponsored Links
use a latex leveling compound and follow the instructions on the bag to the letter with regards to the amount of water to add and sling it on. try not to get it on the walls it sticks like sh1t to a blanket.
then stick your floor down with a good parquet adhesive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back