How to reset a eurosec cp8l alarm when there is no reset button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new house and it has a eurosec cp8l alarm fitted. The user manual tells you how to reset it but there is no reset button on the control panel, just numbers and yes and no. The status on the control panel says !!CHECK!! but i have no idea what i need to do to reset it so i can use the alarm. Any ideas? The manual seems to suggest the the control panel should have other commands such as Quick, Part and full but mine doesn't. I have attached a picture i found online, my control panel is the one at the front but i feel like the other one should be in the house somewhere as this seems to have all the commands mentioned in the manual but I can't find it anywhere. Driving me mad! Thanks

Attachments

• CP8-Risco-Gardtec-Gardsec-Controlpanel-Keypad.jpg
    CP8-Risco-Gardtec-Gardsec-Controlpanel-Keypad.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 352
Sponsored Links
I will do that if I have to but just wanted to see if anyone knew about it so I didn't have to contact them

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes thanks, but I only have the other control panel which just has yes and no, there is no reset on that one

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean? I do have the code but cannot use the alarm until it has been reset but there is no reset button. I tried just putting the code in and pressng yes to set the alarm but that doesn't work

It just asks loads of questions like do you want to test, do you want to program codes etc and goes round in circles

Last edited:
Your are in customer program mode.
Press the 0 key 3or 4 times to come out of program mode
Now enter code number twice and press yes
Alarm should now start to set
Turn off with code

When panel say power cut check you need to enter code number twice to clear display
To reset normally you enter code and press yes and the enter code again
Hope this sorts problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back