How to save money at Sainsburys

The only meat we buy from the local butcher is the Christmas turkey. It's the only place we can find halal.

There's more truth in that than you may have realised - not the turkeys though. We regularly buy tubs of chicken livers from our local butcher to cook for our cat. (LMB may want to skip this post :cautious:) Last time we bought some, they had obviously come from a different supplier. On the tub, it stated that the livers were halal :evil::evil:. Won't be bothering with these again, and until we source something different, puss will be going without his favourite treat. This is the thin end of the wedge.
As you know, of course, I was joking. I avoid all such meat (and the same goes for kosher) simply because I don't like the way the animals are killed in such a barbaric way. For the same reason, I believe that all meat products obtained in this primitive way should be advertised as such. I think that is only fair on those of us who disagree with it.

Sponsored Links
Good to see you back AJ. :)

Have you got rid of the cat, thus making you a more responsible personage these days.????

Sponsored Links
Or Richard Madeley, who was alleged to have taken stuff from the Tesco Mrs Secure Mk I worked in, though he was later acquitted.

This quote from the Guardian (read the end bit......):

"In 1994, Madeley was charged with shoplifting champagne from Tesco, and he says this was a typical example of his overconfidence. The family were going away that day, they had 1,001 things to do, and he was convinced he could squeeze the shopping in, too. In short, he paid for the food in the trolley, forgot to pay for the champagne. "I was just not concentrating. I put the food through the till, I forgot to take the champagne out. It was, I can handle anything, I can juggle eight balls in the air, and actually I came a horrible cropper. I can joke about it now." He was eventually cleared in the crown court. "But that year was horrible. The publicity was mortifying. If I'd been accused of robbing a bank, at least it's got a bit of glamour to it, but f*cking shoplifting... It's like w*nking in a public toilet. Just horrible.""

Or Stuart Hall: "Two years later, he was charged with shoplifting from his local Safeway. He was acquitted of stealing a jar of coffee and packet of sausages."

I agree. Just another example of political correctness. Chairperson, policeperson, fireperson, mailperson, even Harriet Harperson.
And how about woperson?

I agree. Just another example of political correctness. Chairperson, policeperson, fireperson, mailperson, even Harriet Harperson.
And how about woperson?

Do you really object to firefighter rather than fireman? Police officer rather than policeman? Do you object to Harriet Harperson? Yeah, you do, I know you dislike her as much as me.

Do you really object to firefighter rather than fireman? Police officer rather than policeman? Do you object to Harriet Harperson?
Do you object to 'fireperson' rather than 'firefighter'?
Do you object to 'policeperson' rather than 'police officer'?
:LOL:
(Yes, I object to Harriet Harperson, but she's not alone.)

Do you really object to firefighter rather than fireman? Police officer rather than policeman? Do you object to Harriet Harperson?
Do you object to 'fireperson' rather than 'firefighter'?
Do you object to 'policeperson' rather than 'police officer'?
:LOL:
(Yes, I object to Harriet Harperson, but she's not alone.)

Yes, fireperson is daft. Etc.

Sponsored Links
Back