How to seal/coat a block extension?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

I've just had my old utility room roof raised up to a decent height so that I can convert it into a split small bathroom and utility room.

The extension is blockwork built and pebbledashed up to where the new bricks start. My builder has left it as pictured below and I'm wondering how I should seal this to prevent water from seaping through the blockwork - the intention is to plasterboard the interior (I'll use foil lined board and insulation) and so I want the exterior to be nicely weatherproofed.

Can someone guide me on next steps and which brand/products you'd recommend using? Do I need to add a steel bead around the base of the new scratch coat/pebble dashing?

1. Paint the entire exterior blockwork with PVA
2. Apply cement/plasticiser mix scratch coat
3. Apply white cement layer for pebbledash

Sponsored Links
Why not pebbledash to match existing?

That's my intention, hence step 3 of applying the white cement onto which I'll pebbledash...in theory :D but I want to make sure that what I do underneath is going to waterproof the building.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone help here? I need advice on what products to buy from my local yard, plasticier etc, and then the mix ratios?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back