How to seal the top of rendering on a wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are having some rendering put onto a wall but this will finish half way up the house at first floor level. What should be put on top of this render to stop water seeping underneath the rendering work. With thanks :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Quickest way would be to finish it in a stop bead with the mesh section kept inside the rendered area. Finish on top the bead with a polysulphide or low modulous silicone same colour as brick. Clean on top of the bead with a wire brush and dust it clean. Then gun in sealant and tool to a nice finish.

Alex

Thank you Alex - I was beginning to think that I had asked an impossible question. Do you think that some renderers would use lead flashing as an alternative? ;)

Sponsored Links
Lead flashing done properly would be the best job my friend.. ie the absolute highest quality and cost. You pay your money and take your choice ;)

Alex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back