how to set up skybox f3 with sky tv box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have already sky hd box with 2xlnb

What is the best way to connect a skybox f3 up to the existing system ie 2xlnb between the two boxes?

I've heard of the loop through but I don't totally understand it as people talk about turning off lnb power supplies on one of the boxes etc
I am now scared of blowing a fuse or lnb because of this.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
vernerbongo2";p="2874606 said:
I have already sky hd box with 2xlnb
Just to clarify do you mean two outputs on the same LNB or do you mean some wierd setup with two seperate LNBs? I'll assume the former but do please tell me if you mean the latter.

What is the best way to connect a skybox f3 up to the existing system ie 2xlnb between the two boxes?
IMO the only proper way to add more sky boxes is to replace the LNB with one that has more outputs and then fit more cablse for the new box.

AIUI the loop through ports only work properly when the box with the loop through port is turned off. As such I don't see a whole lot of point in them. I doubt a sky+ HD box will handle it very well when one of it's LNB inputs either dissapears or starts doing weird stuff.

One lnb with two outputs!

I know the best way is another cable & lnb output but it would be harder.

I want the other Box for hd as I'm not paying the extra for hd on sky.

One box would be off when the other is on anyway, would spoil the recording I must admit..

Sponsored Links
What channels are you trying to get?

Afaict you can get BBC1 HD BBC2 HD ITV1 HD, Channel 4 HD and channel 5 HD on my sky+ HD box without a HD subscription.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back