How to square of sheets of Plywood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Please bare with me and forgive me if this is a stupid question .
I have several large off cuts of plywood and would like to build a drawer unit with .

The problem I have is none of the corners on the sheets are 90 degrees and I cannot figure out how to cut them down to enable me to start off with square boards . An exaggerated version is pictured below.
upload_2016-6-19_17-59-30.png

I thought that if I use a framing square from one edge that would give me a reference point to square from but that didn't work out properly .

I have a speed square , framing square and a circular saw , with a diy straight edge guide , that cuts square if that helps.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Glenn

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-19_17-59-13.png
    upload_2016-6-19_17-59-13.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
you need to start with a strait edge so make sure you have a strait edge before marking
once you have a strait edge go central with your roofing square draw a line flip the square and draw a line beside the other one to check the square

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back