How to take lid off a dual flush cistern?

Thanks everybody. It did unscrew - ended up jamming a screwdriver in beside the big button to get enough leverage.

Took filler mechanism to pieces and cleaned out, but still takes 20+ minutes to fill despite good H2O supply. Think the little insert may be torn. Can you get spares (like washers) or is it a new filler?

Sponsored Links
'Rolling', I am sure you have fixed it by now, but for others interested, you can obtain a new washer from B&Q that fits this type of inlet valve. As noted in previous posts elsewhere, a slow filling cistern is quite often caused by a torn washer in the inlet valve inside the large round plastic (nylon?) nut. Thanks for the help everyone, I've just sorted my one out, too!

I have a lid mechanism like the photo from Rolling. Remove the 2 buttons and then whole mechanism with prongs turns anticlockwise. Bit stiff but unscrews eventually.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back