How to transfer photos and videos from smart phone to computer?

Sponsored Links
It was in reference to this comment you wrote the other day.
Yes, I know I get it. However, I wasn't being deliberately vague.
EFLI likes to post open ended ambiguous posts so that he can later say "that's not what I meant, you interpreted it wrongly, blah, blah, blah...." You'll learn.

Yes, I know I get it. However, I wasn't being deliberately vague.
EFLI likes to post open ended ambiguous posts so that he can later say "that's not what I meant, you interpreted it wrongly, blah, blah, blah...." You'll learn.
Why did you highlight the quality etc bit then? It came over as vague. The two things together.... I guess most folk would just write 'computer hackers are shoit'. Then there's nothing vague about it at all.

I don't have a problem with EFLI's posts, but I do have a problem being told 'You'll learn' by someone who is also fond of calling people 'boyo' because he seems to like to be a tad patronising!

Why did you highlight the quality etc bit then?
I quoted the "quantity, not quality" bit in an attempt to emphasise the fact that hackers prefer to cause as much damage as possible and make a lot of people miserable and that this was the shoity part.

I don't have a problem with EFLI's posts, but I do have a problem being told 'You'll learn' by someone who is also fond of calling people 'boyo' because he seems to like to be a tad patronising!
You think the negative stuff comes from me alone? Are you a wee bit myopic? It's a two way street.

Sponsored Links
You think the negative stuff comes from me alone? Are you a wee bit myopic? It's a two way street.
No, and I never said that.
I always find it fairly amusing also when other people's shortcomings are brought into an argument too. :)

Amusing - yes.
Well, you seemed to be 'amused' a lot, going by your posts.

I do think you've misunderstood me tho, to bring someone else's shortcomings into an argument is just using blame to excuse your own behaviour.

A good alternative to photoshop is gimp, which is free, works on mac, Linux and windows. Also google picasa while unsupported now, is fairly reasonable for the basics on older machines. Regarding a Mac and obsolescence - at least it will be working long enough to become obsolete. Mean time between failure on my Dell/Windows machines is around 2.5 - 3 years. But then they cost 1/3rd less

Thanks Motor. I have tried and used the alternatives, but they are just not a patch on photoshop. I guess I have been spoiled because I worked as a snapper for 20 years. I'm just reluctant to buy another version of photoshop for my more up to date mac now I don't work as a photographer and can't justify nearly a grand for what is now a hobby.

Canon or Nikon? My mrs is a 'tog and she's about to shell our over £3k for the new 5D Mk4

Last edited:
Ah, a fellow tog! Harder game now for sure.
And am a Nikon girl, at the beginning of the D-series it felt more sturdy to me somehow but nothing in them now. £3k, I remember those days!! Hope she enjoys her new toy :)

Sponsored Links
Back