how to wire a PIR security light...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to install this light to the rear of my property at some point this weekend, but need to know whether it is a straight forward task:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=101495&ts=07354&id=51942#

There is no access to the lighting circuit indoors, and the CU has no RCD protection at all. I can supply power from a ring mains socket in one of the bedrooms fairly easily. Drill right through and connect the light with the wire not having any run on the external wall at all. Seems fairly trivial but I'm aware I need a FCU with 3A at some point. Plus Im aware I need some sort of RCD protection.

What's the best way of doing this if these are the only options I have to play with, is this work notifiable???

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
equitum said:
Why do you need to to put the device on an RCD protected circuit ?

This is an external light, and the CU has no RCD protection whatsoever. Can this be a direct connection from a FCU then are you implying??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back