how to wire smokes Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just move in my new home seen there where wire for 2 smoke alarms are but try see where i wire new smoke alarms wires up to wire i got are 2 red join up black join up to blue 1 yellow wire to to yellow and green next one only have 4 wires 1 red 1 blue and yellow wire and yellow and green to any help with it and want to put new ones up thank you

Sponsored Links
The first alarm :-
Put your 2 reds in to the brown connection of your new smoke alarm.
Put your black and blue in to your blue connection of your new alarm.
The yellow will go to the white connection of your new alarm.
Yellow/green in a connector if there isn't an earth connection.

Second alarm.

Red in to brown connection of your new alarm
Yellow in to white connection of your new alarm
Blue in to Blue of your new alarm.
Yellow/green in a connector if there isn't an earth connection.

That would be the "usual" wiring set up, to be honest I was struggling to understand your post a little.
Pictures of your smoke alarm and wiring would help a lot.

I'm presuming your new alarms have a Brown, a Blue and a White wire trailing from it?

Wow :eek:

That's the hardest three lines of text I think I've ever had to try and read.

I've Put it into babelfish and translated Gibberish > English

"Hi, I've just moved into my new home, and I've seen where the wires for two smoke alarms are.

I'm trying to see where I should wire my new smoke alarms to. The wires I have got at the first detector are:

Two red wires joined together.
One black wire joined to one blue wire.
One yellow wire.
Two green and yellow wires.

At the next detector I only have four wires. One red, one blue, one yellow, and one green and yellow

Please could someone help me with this as I would like to put new detectors up.

Thank you."

hi just move in my new home seen there where wire for 2 smoke alarms are but try see where i wire new smoke alarms wires up to wire i got are 2 red join up black join up to blue 1 yellow wire to to yellow and green next one only have 4 wires 1 red 1 blue and yellow wire and yellow and green to any help with it and want to put new ones up thank you

I dont understand a word of that... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I strongly suspect that English is not Andy's first language. (And that he's better at it than anybody else here is at his native tongue....).

But, Andy, you could help yourself, and us, just by organising your question better, and not need to become better at English.

Just think how you would do it in your own language if you wanted it to make it very clear, for example:

at the first place for alarm I got -

2 red join up
black join up to blue
1 yellow wire
2 yellow and green

at next one only have 4 wires -
1 red
1 blue
1 yellow wire
1 yellow and green

and also tell us what wires the alarms have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back