How to wire up bell 801 entry telephone?

Joc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have bought a bell 801 entry telephone. I took the old entry phone off which had 5 wires connecting into it, blue, black, red, yellow and green. All I need to do is connect these 5 wires into the five ports on the new bell 801 phone, these are labelled Z T O R I. I have tried many combinations and the phone does not work right. Does anyone know what colour wire goes into to which port????

Many Thanks, Joe.

Sponsored Links
Was the old phone a bell system handset? If not it may not work.... Also there is no standard wiring colour code , do you know what colour came from what terminal on the old handset ?

I took a picture of the wiring in the old handset before I removed the wires and connected it up to the bell system in the same order but it's not working properly. Also, the old have set did not have connections such as irotz but used numbers instead. I can let people through the door on the bell system it's just the intercom system, I can hear people but I can't speak to them through them intercom.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back